Friday, December 2, 2011

Haiku Friday - Technology?!

Technologies Hate The Nicknames We Give Them
Say "The Interwebs"
And "Cellular Telephone"
To speak formally

It's Creepy, Actually
Netflix, you know me
Strong female lead, foreign, dark
And also South Park

What Are Those Sounds Coming From The Lower-Center Part of Your Face Area, Out of Your Food Hole?
I have forgotten
The art of the spoken word
Since texting's advent

I Wasted My IQ on Angry Birds
My droid is smarter
Than your lil' honor student
... and probably me

THERE ARE ALWAYS MORE SHOWS TO WATCH (or: On Staying Up Until 2 am)
Five months sans the web
Has rendered me unprepared
For streaming TV

3 comments:

  1. Is "Mobile Telephonic Device" acceptable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked with the Technology's Committee on Naming, and they like that very much. It makes them feel like they're finally getting the respect they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more syllables, the better, I figure.

    ReplyDelete