Friday, February 24, 2012

Haiku Friday - Mornings

It's A Skill Ryder's Taken Years To Perfect
Radio goes on
Dog jumps hard on my bladder
It's time to wake up

It Was A Bigger, Shinier Target Through My Mostly Closed Eyes
In trying to feed
My dog, I dumped his breakfast
In the water dish

No Matter How Much You Mean It At The Time Because It's 6 am For The Love Of God
Yelling: "I hate you,
Shut up" to a barking dog
Kills your soul a bit1

Steve Inskeep and Renee Montagne, Your Voices Are Like The Building Blocks for Dreams
I love NPR
It's like forty-five minutes
Of extra sleeping

You Want Me To Bend Over and Fix Them?
I put my slippers
On the wrong feet twice this week.
I wore them that way.


1Also:
Yelling: "I hate you,
Shut up" to a barking dog
Doesn't really work

No comments:

Post a Comment